Getting Ready for Your Visit
Many people view a referral to an orthopedic surgeon’s office as something to fear. You may have had an injury or may be experiencing ongoing pain. The process can be a little overwhelming. We are here to help you through this process of recovery. Here are some things you can do to prepare for your visit.
Gathering Medical Records:
- Please hand-carry any prior records (office visits, injections, emergency room visits) related to your problem.
- Alternatively, have the prior healthcare provider fax them to 425-339-8273.
- If your records are at Providence or The Everett Clinic we already have access to your records. This is not the case with any other health system or healthcare provider.
- Please hand carry a copy of any x-rays, MRI scans or CT images you may already have to your visit.
- The office that these studies were obtained will burn them onto a disk for you.
- The actual images are needed in addition to the written report which should also be provided to you. Having the actual images and not just a written summary is important to accurately diagnose and treat your problem.
Recording a timeline:
- Putting together a timeline of your injury and any treatments prior to your visit will be helpful.
- When and how did your problem start?
- What do you notice make the problem better or worse? Are there things you now avoid doing altogether?
- Have you tried any medication even over the counter medications? Have you tried therapy?
- Is anything you have tried helping?
What else to bring:
There are finally some basic things you will need to bring that are standard for any medical office visit.
- New patient forms can be pre-printed from our website and filled out. You will still need to print them and bring them with you but will save you time on the day of your visit. Go to our website www.ebjproliancesurgeons.com to print these.
- Photo ID.
- Insurance card and co-pay if applicable.
- A list of ALL your current medications.
This list is a general guideline to make your first visit with us as smooth and productive for you as possible. We look forward to seeing you at Everett Bone and Joint.